Encore: The Concert Band performs an annual series of five concerts throughout the year, beginning each fall and concluding at the end of spring. Performances include a wide variety of musical selections, including classical arrangements, jazz classics, popular hits, show tune standards, and much more.
Concerts typically run between two and three hours, including a brief intermission. Refreshments are available through the generous support of volunteers.
Our 2018-2019 season concerts
- 21 October 2018 – Encore welcomes the Western University’s New Horizons Band and the widely-acclaimed founder of the international New Horizons program, Dr. Roy Ernst, as our special guests.
- 16 December 2018 – Encore will be proud to share the stage with the award-winning Amabile Treble Concert Choir and Young Men’s Ensemble, for a program of beautiful holiday music.
- 24 February 2019 – In a blast from the past, Encore welcomes back alumni of the band, including the man who started it all, Phil Murphy.
- 14 April 2019 – Professor Michael Haithcock, well-known Director of Bands at the University of Michigan, will be our guest conductor.
- 2 June 2019 – There could be no better way to wrap up an anniversary season than a concert of favourite big band tunes!
Single concert tickets for Encore: The Concert Band are available at the door, or can be purchased in advance online through Onstage Direct. Tickets can also be purchased through our partner, Tuckey Home Hardware, at 136 Wortley Rd, London, ON.
Single ticket prices are: adults $17, seniors (65+) $14, and students $5. Children 10 and under are admitted free.
Planning to attend all our concerts in a season? You’ll want to purchase a season ticket package! If you purchase an individual ticket for each concert in the season, you will pay $85: an adult season ticket package costs $65. Senior and student packages, at $55 and $20, offer the same great value. To order season ticket packages, contact Maxine Patzer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Encore concerts are presented at Sir Frederick Banting Secondary School, located at 125 Sherwood Forest Square, London, Ontario. Parking is FREE and located onsite. The facility is wheelchair accessible.